The markets in the Northern Vietnam are always the colorful meeting places for the hill tribes of Vietnam. Minority people come down from the mountains to sell their products, or just for catching up on the latest news or gossip. Topas Ecolodge & Market is a package of the combination of a stay at Topas Ecolodge, where you can explore the pure nature, peace and unique views over the mountains, with an unforgettable experience of encountering the various tribes in their colorful traditional dress, enjoying the fresh smell of exotic herbs and spices, sharing the abundant rice wine and purchasing some local souvenir products in their food stalls.
Night 1: Hanoi – night train to Lao Cai
You will take the night train from Hanoi Station to Lao Cai.
Day 2: Full day visit to a Market – Topas Ecolodge (B,L,D)
The train arrives at Lao Cai Station approx at 5h30 where our guide and driver are waiting. You will enjoy your breakfast in a local restaurant in Lao Cai.
You will then go from Lao Cai to one of the markets, depending on which day today is. There are the markets of Coc Ly (or Ban Cam on Tuesdays), Lung Khau Nhin (Thursdays), Can Cau (Saturdays) and Bac Ha (or Muong Khuong or Muong Hum on Sundays), all located in the surrounding mountainous area, 70 – 90 km from Lao Cai. All of the markets are colorful with many different hill tribes living around the market, gathers in a morning of the week. They come to the market not only for purchasing their local products, but also for their special social event.
In the mid afternoon you will be transferred to Topas Ecolodge. You check in to your bungalow and enjoy the view of the valley and dotted mountain surroundings.
Dinner and overnight at Topas Ecolodge.
Day 3: Topas Ecolodge – Sapa – Lao Cai (B,L,D)
The morning is at your leisure at Topas Ecolodge. If you would like to buy a half day excursion to the beneath valley, where the friendly ethnic minority people lives, the Lodge staff can assist you with tours and information.
It is at your choice to take either the shuttle bus departing at 9h00 or at 14h00 to Sapa.
At 17h30, you will take the shuttle bus to Lao Cai for the night train back to Hanoi. End of trip.
Note: It is possible to change the market day to day 3 if there is no market on day 2. In that case you will take the Topas Ecolodge shuttle bus directly from Lao Cai Station to Topas Ecolodge, and have the whole day 2 relaxing at the Lodge.
Group of 2 people up: 250 usd/ person
- English Speaking Guide during excursions
- 1 night at Topas Ecolodge (twin shared Deluxe bungalow)
- All indicated meals (B as breakfast, L as lunch, D as dinner)
- Return train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (soft sleeper in 4-berth AC cabin)
- All land transfer as indicated.
- All entrance fees to the indicated places.
- Pre and post trip accommodation
- Private expenses
- Drinks and Beverage
- All other services not mentioned as inclusive
- Bank charge (for payment by credit card via Paypal, bank transfer)
- Bring walking shoes, raincoat, jacket, extra clothes, torch, insect repellent and sunscreen…
- Please take your passport to check in hotel.
- Beware of your luggage and money
- Inform in advance if you are vegetarian.
- All customers must obey the order of your tour guide for your safety.
- Passengers are advised not to take along big luggage for convenience.