Topas Ecolodge is located 18 km from Sapa, deep in the Hoang Lien Mountains. The 25 bungalows overlook the entire valley with the ethnic minority villages of Ban Ho and Thanh Phu, 400 altitude meters beneath. This package Topas Ecolodge & Hiking 2 days 3 nights has been designed to give you the walking excursions to the Ethnic Minority villages locating along the Muong Hoa Valley, as well as having the opportunity to experience the best highlights of northern Vietnam: the ethnic communities with their unique cultures, the deep valleys covered by terraced rice fields, the breathtaking mountains…
Night 1: Hanoi – night train to Lao Cai
You will take the night train from Hanoi Station to Lao Cai.
Day 1: Full day walking – Topas Ecolodge (B,L,D)
The train arrives at Lao Cai station at approx 05h30. Here you will take the Topas Shuttle bus to Sapa, where you have your breakfast at a local restaurant.
At 9h00, you will commence the excursion today with a walk through the town of Sapa and along a dirt trail through vegetable gardens and rice paddy terraces. The spectacular scenery of Muong Hoa valley gradually appears within your eyesight. You will then reach the river running at the bottom of the valley and continue the walk on the bank of the river. You eventually arrive in Y Linh Ho village of Black H’mong minority, where you will take a rest and have lunch at a nice spot.
After lunch, the walk from Y Linh Ho village to Lao Chai village of Black H’mong minority is almost on the hillsides. The view of the valley is more and more extending and stretching to the horizon. You take a stop at Lao Chai village to visit a local house, before following the dirt path linking the village with Ta Van village, the only one in the valley inhabited by Giay minority. From Ta Van, you will have a transfer to Topas Ecolodge. You check in to your bungalow and enjoy the view into the valley and dotted mountain surroundings.
Dinner and overnight at Topas Ecolodge.
Day 2: Topas Ecolodge – Hiking to Lech Dao village – Sapa – Lao Cai (B,L,-)
After having breakfast, you will take a half day walk to visit the Lech village of Red Dao minority. You will follow the road for a while before descending towards a river. Going through rice paddy terraces gives you many opportunities to enjoy the magnificent valley view. You cross the river by a bridge made of stone and then follow a trail going up to the village. You will be able to spend some time at the village to experience daily life, and learn how the women in their doorways doing their embroidery. From the village, you head back to the Lodge for lunch.
At 14h00 you will take the Topas Ecolodge shuttle bus to Sapa.
At 17h30, you will take the shuttle bus back to Lao Cai Station and take night train to Hanoi. End of trip.
Sapa Topas Ecolodge 2 days/3 nights:
This price is applied for the group of 2 people up: 256 USD/pax
- English Speaking Guide during excursions.
- 1 night at Topas Ecolodge (twin shared Deluxe bungalow).
- All indicated meals (B as breakfast, L as lunch, D as dinner)
- Return train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (soft sleeper in a 4-berth AC cabin).
- All indicated transfer by Topas Ecolodge Shuttle Bus (private transfer from Ta Van village to Topas Ecolodge on day 2)
- All entrance fees to the indicated places.
- Pre and post trip accommodation
- Private expenses
- Drinks and Beverage
- Other meals at Topas Ecolodge are recommended to be booked in advance.
- Bring walking shoes, raincoat, jacket, extra clothes, torch, insect repellent and sunscreen…
- Please take your passport to check in hotel.
- Beware of your luggage and money
- Inform in advance if you are vegetarian.
- All customers must obey the order of your tour guide for your safety.
- Passengers are advised not to take along big luggage for convenience