Can Gio is a low palm-fringed island sitting at the mouth of the Saigon River, some 25km southeast of Ho Chi Minh City. The mangroves forest in Can Gio possesses a high biodiversity with more than 200 species of fauna and 52 species of flora. The effects of the recent wars on these ecosystems have been devastating and large efforts have been made by local people to rehabilitate the mangroves. Today, it has become one of the most extensive sites of rehabilitated mangroves in the world. The island, which is at the intersection between the Saigon River and the sea, was created by silt washing downstream. It’s hard-packed mud rather than sandy beach, so attracts few visitors and the area remains entirely undeveloped.
- Departure: daily private tour
- Pick up time: 08.00 – 08.30
- Departure time: 08.30
- Finish time: 18.00
- Transport: Shuttle bus
- Free pick up area: De Tham str, Pham Ngu Lao str, Bui Vien str, Le Thanh Ton str, Dong Khoi str, Le Lai str, Le Loi str, Le Duan str, Bui Thi Xuan str, Pham Hong Thai str, Ly Tu Trong str.
Can Gio Mangrove Forest (By Speed boat)
7:30 – Hotel Pick-up
07:50 – Light Breakfast with Vietnamese Coffee served on boat
08:15 – Enter Long An (first province in Mekong Delta)
08:30 – Visit large local Mekong Delta market in Can Giuoc
09:45 – Exit Mekong Delta with water palms & enter Mangrove Forest
10:00 – Arrive at Vam Sat Ecological Park
10:30 – Feed crocodiles; Visit bird sanctuary and bird viewing tower; see wild monkeys; performing gibbon
12:30 – Lunch
13:30 – Travel around labyrinth of Mangrove Canals; see traditional fishing life
14:00 – Visit giant bat lagoon; walk through mangroves; crab fishing
15:00 – Depart for Saigon
16:15 – Arrive in Saigon
Can Gio forest daily group tour:
- Breakfast & Lunch (morning departure)
- Dinner (afternoon departure)
- Unlimited refreshments and local fruit
- English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees and hotel pick-up and drop off.
- Mandatory Government TAX and Service Charge
- Personal expense.