Itinerary: Hanoi - Lao Cai - Muong Hum - Sapa - Hanoi
Muong Hum market is the biggest cardamom market in the area, was already there during the French colonial period and serves as a meeting place for the ethnic groups living in the mountains: Giay, Dao, White Hmong, Ha Nhi. Those living in the highlands, like the Hmong and the Zao (Dao) come down to sell their specific products such as cardamom and other spices and mountain plants.
- Transfer from the hotel to Hanoi Railway station
- Roundtrip transfer between Lao Cai and Sapa
- Return train tickets Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi
- 1 night at hotel in Sapa (breakfast included)
- Tours and activities as stated above
- Home-stay accommodation
- English speaking guide
- Full board meals
- Security permits
- Entrance fees
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Phone and laundry
- Extra food and beverages
- Tips and personal expenses
Price for Group tour
In the evening, the tour guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel around 20:00 and transfer to Hanoi railway station to catch the night train to Lao Cai.
Overnight on train.
Arrival early in the morning, our local guide and car will pick up for breakfast and then travel by bus to Muong Hum Market – a small and traditional market situated among ethnic villages.
Leave Muong Hum market and transfer to Sapa. On the way, visit Muong Vy Cave or Thuy Tien, a village of the Black H’Mong and then reach Sapa, check in hotel and have dinner.
Overnight at hotel in Sapa.
After breakfast, take the main road (3km) and go downhill to the valley. Cross Muong Hoa River to get to the other mountainside for 3 villages with rice terraces: Y Linh Ho, Lao Chai and Ta Van.
Stay a night at a local family in Ta Van village.
Overnight home-stay in Ta Van Village.
After breakfast, take the road to Giang Ta Chai village of the Red Dzao minority via the paths between terraces and through bamboo forests. Visit Silver waterfall and Suspension Rattan Bridge and then cross Muong Hoa River up to mountain to visit the last village – Su Pan Village of the H’Mong. Then get back to Sapa by jeep. On the way back, visit Sapa ancient stone circle.
In the middle of the afternoon, get on bus to Lao Cai railway station. Have dinner before taking a night train back to Hanoi. Arrive in Hanoi the next morning.
- Bring walking shoes, raincoat, jacket, extra clothes, torch, insect repellent and sunscreen…
- Train departure from Hanoi at 9:15PM and from Lao Cai at 20’45PM
- Pick you up at your hotel at 8:00PM
- Bring your passport to check in hotel.
- Beware of your luggage and money
- Inform in advance if you are vegetarian.
- All customers must obey the order of your tour guide for your safety.
- Passengers are advised not to take along big luggage for convenience.